Whoa what?! Cupcakes that are good for me? Yes lease; pretty please with chocolate glazing on top!
- 1 can of rinsed chickpeas
- 1/2 cup ripe puréed pears or applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3 large farm-raised local eggs
- 1/4 cup raw or regular cocoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon maca (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cocoa to 5 teaspoons sugar,
- 1 teaspoon coconut butter
Blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender. Bake in silicone cups and 350 F for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when poked into the squishy delicious center of the cupcake. While cooling, drizzle with chocolate glaze.
Chocolate Glaze: Slowly mix in warm water until desired consistency. Frost or drizzle over cupcakes.
For a deeper flavour, substitute pureed beets for on of your pears. This stays moist and dense for days…if there is any left of course! Most of the sweetness comes from the chocolate glaze. This is a very easy recipe!