Green living: What did we do in our Prius Today?
See what happens when we leave the Toyota Prius V Hybrid out in the Toronto sun for two days and then put real people in it…
Happy Earth Day Fun Facts
- Toyota uses plant-based Ecological Plastic for driver seat cushions and other bits. This reduces CO2 emissions by a whopping 20%. That’s why it smells like teen spirit!
- The Prius V hybrid produces 66 percent fewer smog-forming emissions than the average new vehicle
- 42 Miles per gallon
- 100 kilometers per 5.6 liters
- 1.8 liter Atkinson cycle gasoline inline-four engine
- 201 volt nickel-metal hydride battery pack
- While there is a plug-in Toyota Prius Hybrid, The Prius V powers its own battery. Since I can’t remember to charge my phone, this is a definite plus. Fewer gas station stops in the cold Canadian winter? Priceless!
The consul display makes me feel like I’m on the bridge of the Enterprise. What I love most is the display that shows you where your power is coming from and where its going. There are ways of driving the Prius V hybrid that maximize fuel efficiency, and this little active display is a great way to make you aware of what’s going on under the hood. Now if only I can figure out how to work the radio…